A factory under construction in the Tano North District to produce bricks for housing and related projects will soon be completed.
The factory, which is under the government’s flagship project, One-District-One-Factory (1D1F), is about 85% complete, with the remaining 15% expected to be completed in two weeks’ time.
Owners of the brick factory, Rhovanni Royal Limited, led the National Coordinator of the 1D1F project, Gifty Ohene-Konadu, on a tour of the facility recently for her to know the level of progress of the brick factory.
It’s expected to commence operations in the second quarter of this year.
“I can confidently tell you that we have completed about 85% of the project. The only thing left is the roofing works which have been awarded to Metallex. All the machines and equipment needed to operate have also been procured and will soon take delivery of them,” said Carl Christian Lokko, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Rhovanni Royal Limited.
Tanoso is known for its abundant clay, a raw material that the company is banking its hopes on to produce bricks for the housing and construction industry.
The company has so far acquired 37.79 acres of land which it will depend on for the supply of the raw material to feed the factory.
It’s also in the process of acquiring a further 80 acres of land to augment what it has already acquired.
Mr. Lokko believes that the acquisition of land will sustain the company to be in business for more than 30 years.
“Clay, which is the raw material we are going to depend on, is in abundance in Tanoso. The 37.79 acres of land we have acquired can keep us in operation for more than 30 years and we’re still in the process of acquiring a further 80 acres of land. So it tells you how prepared we are to run and sustain this business,” he averred.
The factory, he added, will produce 125 tons of bricks a day when operating at full capacity.
However, Mr. Lokko said the company will first operate only one line when it commences production and gradually roll out the remaining three in some few months’ time.
The company is expected to generate direct and indirect employment to 1,800 people.
Will Aparloo Ofori, CEO of Techiman Processing Complex Limited (TEPCO), told Mrs. Ohene-Konadu how grateful they were to the government for reviving the puree processing factory which has been abandoned for over five years now.
According to him, the company would process about four or five tons of raw materials.
Source: Daily Guide
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|