Agenda 111 is the biggest health investment made by any single government in Ghana, a very enormous health infrastructure to be initiated, funded and implemented by any government since the birth of Ghana.
There are three key contrubuting factors that contributes to the acceleration and true development of any country, and these are;
a) The development of the human resource of the country
b) Effective and efficient health sector
c) Industrialisation through digitisation
The aforementioned are all being passionately pursued to the latter by the Akufo-Addo led government to transform and develop Ghana beyond aid.
*To appreciate the strides made so far by H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo led government to transform and develop the health sector of Ghana and Agenda 111, it is very imperative to have a reference point through the refreshment of our memory of how the situation was, to be able to appreciate the situation now.
Prior to the swearing in of H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo as the President of Ghana in January, 2017, he was confronted with;
1. The legacy of abandonedment of over 45 years health infrastructure from the first, second and third Republic.
2. Abandoned health infrastructure of Ex President John Aggyekum Kufuor.
3. Abandoned health infrastructure of the late President John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills
4. Abandoned attempted health infrastructure by H.E John Dramani Mahama
5. His own health infrastructure ambitions
*From 2017 to 2020 the Akufo-Addo led government has completed majority of the inherited abandoned health infrastructure with the rest ongoing and even gone further to commence Agenda 111*
1. H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has reactivated work for the construction abandoned 45 years ago. The 750 bed capacity maternity and children's block at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital which will house
- 10 Operating theatres
- Diagnostic rooms
- Fully equipped x-ray and ultrasound rooms
- Mammography facility
- Intensive care unit
- A high dependency unit
- Isolation rooms
- Student lecture halls
2. H. E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has completed abandoned Euroget De-Invest health projects initiated and funded by the former President John Aggyekum Kufuor in 2008 which was meant to be completed in the year 2011, that is 3 years after it's commencement but was abandoned.
- Wa Regional Hospital
- Ashanti Regional Hospital at Sewua
- Ga East District Hospital at Kwabenya
- Tepa District Hospital
- Nsakwa District Hospital
- Twifo Praso District Hospital
- Konongo District Hospital
- Salaam District Hospital
- Military Hospital at Afari
3. H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has completed the NMS Infrastructure Limited abandoned health project left behind by the late John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills.
- Fomena Hospital
- Kumawu Hospital
- Abetifi Hospital
- Garu-Tempane Hospital
- Shai Osudoku Hospital
- Takoradi Hospital
4. H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in his first 4 years has also;
- Revamped Tamale Teaching Hospital
- Constructed 10 disease centres (Polyclinics) in the Central Region.
Gomoa Potsin Polyclinic.
Bimoong Egya Polyclinic.
Estii Sunkwa Polyclinic.
Ekumfi Naakwa Polyclinic
Gyamera Nankrong Polyclinic
Bisease Naakwa Polyclinic.
- Construction 5 Polyclinics in the Greater Accra Region.
-Completed and Equipped Bekwai District Hospital.
- Constructed and Equipped 5 District Hospitals and a Polyclinic at;
- Constructed 1000s of CHPS Compounds across the country.
- Constructed and completed offices and Health Headquarters at Ridge in the Greater Accra Region closer to the NHIS headquarters.
- Expanded the Radiotherapy medical services unit at Korle Bu and Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital.
Additionally he has;
- Restored trainee Nurses allowances
- Lifted embargo on employment, placed and employed nurses who sat home years after completion of school prior to his election.
- Provided 307 ambulances for the health sector with more underway.
- Supplied ten's of thousands of hospital beds to curb "no bed syndrome" prior to his election.
- Cleared huge debts in the health sector.
- Supplied drones to further enhance health delivery especially to remote areas.
- Digitalised the health sector especially with NHIS
Among many others.
The President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo in his second term in office, in the mist of a deadly world Pandemic (Covid-19) has further commenced an Agenda 111
- To build 101 hospitals at all Districts without hospitals.
- To build 6 Regional Hospitals at all the 6 newly created Regions.
- To build 1 extra Regional Hospital in the Western Region.
- To build 2 Specialised Hospitals
- Redevelopment of the Accra Psychiatric Hospital.
A) Massive employment
B) Improve access to health care
C) Improve quality of health care
D) Cost reduction
E) Increase patient satisfaction
F) Improve general productivity of the country
G) Improve life expectancy
F) Generally improve effectiveness, safety, timeliness, patent-centredness, access and efficiency in the health care system.
All this is made possible by the Visionary leader, Competent leader, Compassionate leader, Result oriented leader, the Moses of our time, the Father of Infrastructure H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo
God bless our homeland Ghana.
The author, Lady Vera is a Development Communications Specialist, a PR Practitioner, Educationist, a gender and youth advocate.
Source: Lady Vera/Development Communications Specialist, a PR Practitioner, Educationist, a gender and youth advocate.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|