H. E. President John Evans Atta Mills will be absent from Ghana from Monday, 29th June to Saturday 4th July, 2009 during which he will attend the 11th Summit of the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) and the 13th Summit of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union in Sirte, Libya.
At the APRM Summit President Mills will make a Brief Statement. Mali, Mozambique and Lesotho will be the subjects of Peer Review at the Forum.
Among the issues to be addressed at the main AU summit are:
1. The Crisis in Madagascar,
2. The implementation of the decisions of the Assembly to transform the AU Commission into the African Union Authority,
3. Progress report on the AU Commission on the implementation of the decision of the Assembly on the abuse of the principle of universal jurisdiction as adopted by the 12th Ordinary Session of the Assembly,
4. Progress report on the implementation of the Assembly Decision on the Hissene Habre Case as adopted by the 12th Ordinary Session of the Assembly,
5. Report of the AU Commission on the Meeting of African States Parties to the Rome Statute on the International Criminal Court (ICC); and
6. Report of the African Union Peace and Security Council which will cover extensively progress to date on the continental issues relating to peace and security.
During President J. E. A. Mills’ absence from Ghana, the Vice President H. E. John Dramani Mahama shall act as President of the Republic of Ghana.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|