The Office of Fred Amankwah – Sarfo receives the inauguration of the Addo Kuffour Presidential and Parliamentary Elections Review Committee for the 2016 elections with great admiration.
The office considers the decision of NPP’s National Council as a pragmatic step towards building a more formidable front for the 2020 election as a party. We are most grateful to the Leadership of our party, the NPP for this decision.
Our party is noted for its leadership in conducting post-election reviews of Ghana's Presidential and Parliamentary Elections. References can be made to the 1992, 1996, 2008 and 2012 elections where such reviews contributed significantly for some amendments to the party's constitution. These reviews helped in reshaping Ghana's electoral process and enhancing the country’s democratic credentials as other political parties take cues from us to inform their internal party democracy.
We trust the Committee to judiciously perform its mandates to help advance the frontier of participatory democracy.
It is noteworthy that our party commissioned the previous electoral reviews to ascertain the factors that contributed to the party’s lost in those elections.
We are therefore of a considered opinion that the Review Committees were equally necessary for past elections won by the party in general elections as in the 2000 and 2004.
It is for this reason that the Office of Fred Amankwah – Sarfo is delighted with the current development initiated by our party’s National Executive Council as timely.
The report of Hon Addo Kuffour’s 2016 Election Review Committee can provide a road map and the foundation to implement strategic plans to help us secure subsequent election victories starting with the 2020 general election.
We pledge our support to the post-electoral reviews at all levels of our party’s structures from the polling stations, constituencies, regional and at the national level.
We are ready to submit proposals and suggestions to the review committee on a number of issues the research department of the Office of Fred Amankwah – Sarfo has assembled.
1. The contributions of Voluntary Associations and/or Organizations, party Loyalists and Front liners at the community levels, the numerous online groups and others whose efforts and contributions continue to make our party great.
2. Many of these members of our party should be acknowledged and appreciated and conscious efforts made to reward them.
3. We also submit that the Addo Kuffour Committee spend some time on the issue of “factions” that nearly marred our efforts at building a formidable front towards the 2016 elections.
4. This review process presents us with an opportunity to revisit and consider the readmission of the suspended executives of our party for reconciliation, reintegration and to create harmony within and without the party.
5. Additionally, the review process affords us the prospects to amend certain aspects of the party's internal electoral processes.
6. We recommend a broader participation through the expansion of our electoral college to include all polling station executives using the 2015 flagbearership elections as a case study. This will give more recognition to our party generals at the polling station level and enhance our democratic credentials.
We are most grateful to the National Council of our party and we wish the Hon Addo Kuffour Committee the very best in their deliberations.
We look forward to a fruitful engagement with the committee as we all work together for the advancement and development of our great party
Signed on behalf of
Office of Fred Amankwah – Sarfo
Benjamin Akowuah (Spokesperson / Personal Aide)
0240 630 802
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|