The almond is drupe belonging to species of Prunus belonging to the subfamily Prunoideae of the family Rosaceae. Almonds are scientifically classified as drupes, which have several health benefits.
Be it healthy cholesterol levels, almonds provide several health benefits that are not known to everyone.
Health Benefits of Almonds
Almonds have a vast number of health benefits and these beneficial properties are used via various forms like almond oil, almond paste or whole almonds. Here are all the health benefits of almonds that you should know about:
- Almonds contain monounsaturated fats and some polyunsaturated fats and hence they help to lower the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or the bad cholesterol, while maintaining healthy high-density lipoproteins or good cholesterol levels.
- Almonds have great health benefits in terms of healthy skin. Almonds prevent premature appearance of wrinkles, black heads, pimples and dry skin as well. A regular massage with almond oil will help you to get a glowing and flawless complexion.
- Almond oil is also used to treat black circles around the eyes, since almond oil helps to re-vitalize the fatigues cells and improve the blood flow.
- Almond oil is extremely useful for treating all sorts of hair problems as well. Almond oil helps as a cure for treating hair-fall, dandruff and avoids untimely graying of hair as well.
- Almonds have an extremely high nutritive value since they contain copper, iron and vitamins and are hence used as a remedy for anemia.
- Almonds are also beneficial in treatment of constipation since they increase the fiber content of the foods as well.
- Almonds are also used in the pharmaceutical industry. Sweet almond oil is used as a carrier for injectable drugs, which deteriorate in water-based carriers.
- Almonds decrease the after-mail rises in blood sugar and are hence help in maintain a healthy blood sugar level.
- Almonds also have antioxidant properties and are hence very beneficial for the health.
- Almond oil is also considered as one of the most popular choice of massage oils, which rejuvenates the body and replenishes the skin. It is also known to relieve the stress.
- Babies who have lactose intolerance, can be given a mixture of powered almonds mixed with warm water, which provides as much if not more nutrition as milk.
- Almonds contain Alpha-tocopherol, which is a major source of Vitamin E and is hence really great for healthy hair and skin.
- Almonds also increase the blood flow to the vital organs and are also used as aphrodisiacs.
- Almonds provide nutrients that help to increase the bone mineral density, which helps to strengthen the skeletal system. Owing to this it can also be considered as a remedy to cope up with osteoporosis in the elderly.
- Aromatherapy also makes use of sweet almond oil, which is one of the essential oils in aromatherapy and is frequently used as carrier oil.
- Almond oil also possesses laxative properties and helps to produce soft stools and avoid any other problems of the digestive system.
Source: People and places
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|