This is the profile of Madam Lydia Alhassan, widow of late Emmanuel Boakye Agyarko who yesterday December 29, 2018, won as parliamentary candidate for the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituency of the Greater Accra Region as reported by MyNewsGh.com.
She beat four other contenders by a landslide and emerged victorious announcing various interventions she intends putting in place to empower ward coordinators in the area economically even before the by-election.
Many have argued she is not really known in politics and perhaps is a novice but it is gathered that she has been an integral part of the NPP in the constituency and extended her tentacles to improve the fortunes of the party in the Volta Region where she hails from.
Madam Lydia Alhassan affectionately called Maa Lydia holds an MBA Marketing from the University of Ghana Business School (UGBS, Legon) and Bachelor of Administration (B.A Entrepreneurship?) from Ghana the Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
Read details of her profile below
Chief Executive Officer
LYMENS MEDICAL SUPPLIES, ACCRA GHANA
MINERALS COMMISSION, ACCRA GHANA
Leadership Positions Held.
• Vice Chairman, Pharmaceutical Importers and Wholesalers Association, Ghana?- 2015 to Date
• Executive Member, Chamber of Pharmacy Ghana- 2016 to Date
• Treasurer, Women Fellowship, Accra Ridge Church, Spintex Branch -2016 to Date
• Regional Chairperson (Southern Sector), Lions Club Ghana- 2014 to 2015
• President, Accra Premier Lions Club- 2005 to 2006
Membership of Professional Bodies and Social clubs.
• Chamber of Pharmacy Ghana
• Lions Club Ghana
• Women Fellowship, Accra Ridge Church, Spintex Branch
• Member, Volta Regional Finance Committee, New Patriotic Party- 2014 to Date
• Member, Ayawaso West Wuogon Finance Committee, New Patriotic Party- 2014 to Date
• Donated current Greater Accra Regional office, Pig farm
• Patron, Greater Accra Women’s Wing -2014 to 2018
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|