It is getting more exciting as the official launch of the 11th edition of the prestigious Ghana Music Awards (called MTN Ghana Music Awards because of sponsorship) has been slated on Friday February 26th 2010 at the Golden Tulip Hotel.
Cross section of the Ghana music industry, organizers and sponsors are expected at the launch of the music festival. The categories have been divided into two: they are categories for the general public and categories for the industry professionals.
The category for the general public to be unveiled at the launch to the media are: Most Popular Song of the Year, Artiste(s) of the Year, Discovery of the Year, HipLife/Hip Hop Artiste(s) of the Year, Gospel Artiste(s) of the Year, Gospel Song of the Year.
The rest are Hip Hop Song of the Year, HipLife Song of the Year, Afro-Pop Song of the Year, Reggae Song of the Year, Highlife Song of the Year, Highlife Artiste(s) of the Year, Best Collaboration of the Year, African Artiste(s) of the Year.
The general public will be given the chance to vote for their favourite in each category. Their vote carries 40 per cent with the remaining 60 per cent being shared by the Planning and Selection Committee respectively to make up for who wins what.
The industry categories are more technical and demand expertise rather than popularity, so the decision as to who wins what rest solely on the Planning and the Selection Committee which is made up of mostly professionals in the industry.The much awaited prize package for the topmost award will also unveiled at the
Source: Ebenezer Anangfio Jnr./GhanaCelebrities.com
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|