1. Coolio’s real name is Artis Leon Ivey, Jr, and he was born on 1 August, 1963, in Compton, California. He is a Grammy Award-winning American rapper and actor who rose to fame in 1995 with the hit single "Gangsta's Paradise." He got his stage name after he was called "Coolio Iglesias" (alluding to Julio Iglesias) when he performed in a school singing competition.
2. At the age of 17 he spent several months in prison for theft.
3. In the 1980s, before he launched his musical career, Coolio worked as a fire-fighter and as a conservationist in northern California.
4. He began his musical career as a member of a rap group called WC and the Maad Circle, which included rappers WC, Sir Jinx and DJ Crazy Toones. But his early career was wrecked when he developed a crack cocaine addiction.
5. Coolio performed the theme song for the 1990s TV show Kenan and Kel, entitled "Awww Here It Goes."
6. In the 1990s he starred in an episode of the TV show "Sabrina the Teenage Witch."
7. Coolio voiced the cartoon character Kwanzaa-bot who featured in an episode of the animated TV show Futurama in 2001.
8. He entered and won the U.S. TV reality show "Celebrity Bootcamp" in 2002.
9. In 2008 he hosted an online cooking show called "Cookin' with Coolio," for the network ‘My Damn Channel.’
10. In July 2008 Coolio and jazz saxophonist Jarez were enlisted as spokespersons by the group Environmental Justice and Climate Change to teach students at about global warming.
Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/celebrity-big-brothers-coolio-the-top-369563#ixzz0PYPT6UR9
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|