ATV Broadcasting Limited has established a new Television Station called Amansan Television that is providing opportunities to Ghanaian content developers and is broadening the media landscape in the country. The vision of ATV is to provide the best Ghanaian television content in local Ghanaian languages to educate and inform viewers.
Since Amansan Television started broadcasting in November 2013, it has become a household favourite everywhere in Ghana and in the sub-region. Contributions come routinely from Ghanaians in Burkina Faso, Togo and Nigeria. It is not unusual for �Anopa Bosuo� ATV�s morning show (that does not engage in political discussions but focuses on health and social topics) to receive over 1,000 text message every day. ATV is transmitted via satellite, is a free to air channel on digital television sets and is on First Digital TV�s decoders.
ATV has interesting programs, ranging from sports, news, health, and talk shows that delve deep into issues of national interest. ATV is part of the First Digital TV Network. ATV is the only television channel that provides 100% Ghanaian local content and uses Ghanaian language to promote the cherished aspirations of Ghanaians. No foreign movies, television shows or music videos.
ATV is raising the bar even higher from February 2014 with:
- �Akutuku� Friday Night boxing
- �Efie Ni Fie�: Highlife music and dancing on Fridays
- �Mmofra Nyimdzee�: An innovative JHS instruction and lessons in local language in the afternoons after school
- �Apomudzen�: A discussion programme on health care and related issues
- �Sika Sem�: A business and entrepreneurship promotion discussion programme in the evenings, Monday to Friday
- �Kwantunyi N�Akwantu�: A programme to bring viewers images from Ghana and abroad through the lenses of travellers
- �Kanawu�: A discussion on current national issues on Saturdays from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm
- �Asem Yi Di Ka�: A discussion programme from 3.00 to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday featuring MPs and other politicians.
- �Yen Ara Dea�: A programme to highlight achievements of Ghanaian entrepreneurs and business people
- �Anigyie Krom�: An entertainment discussion with musicians, movie stars and producers etc.
There is also a live dancing programme broadcast from the Coconut Grove Regency Hotel on Wednesday evenings.
There is no question that the digital standard (DVB-T2) that is coming is making television broadcasting more competitive and Amansan Television is poised to take full advantage of the investments made by First Digital TV.
Ghanaian content developers have a channel to market their products.
Amansan Television (ATV) has effectively raised the bar and set a new high standard in television in Ghana.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|