The Ghana Football Association has confirmed that Black Stars striker Asamoah Gyan has rescinded his decision to retire from the national team.
Africa’s leading football news portal www.mtnfootball.com reported earlier on Wednesday has returned to the national team after a five-month absence.
The UAE-based striker took a temporary break from international football in February after the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Al Ain attacker sent a letter to the Ghana Football Association (GFA) reversing the decision.
Gyan says he is available for selection for the Black Stars with immediate effect.
“Following my letter on 16th February 2012,I wish to inform you that I am now ready to be selected for my National Team of Ghana,” Gyan said in the letter to the GFA.
“The past five months have given me an opportunity to reflect.
“My friends, family and the “football family of Ghana” have been incredibly supportive, and it is with their help that I have reached the decision to return to international duty.
“I am fully committed and focused on our clear goals ahead as a nation on the quest for qualification for both AFCON 2013 and the World Cup in 2014.”
Gyan will now be available for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers as well as the 2014 World Cup qualifiers.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|