Raheem Sterling will not return to England's World Cup camp until his family are safe, and has told friends that he needs to be '100 per cent sure' before flying back to Qatar.
The star has been left 'shaken' following the burglary at his £6million mansion, with neighbours yesterday claiming it was an 'inside job' by contractors, as he is said to be the fourth Chelsea player targeted by an organised gang.
Thieves broke into the father of three's £6million gated home before making off with a stash of watches and jewellery - prompting the shocked star to race home from Qatar to be with his family.
Police were contacted around 9pm on Saturday, December 3 after Sterling's partner Paige returned to find 'a number of items including jewellery and watches' had been stolen.
A number of Sterling's England teammates are understood to now be reviewing their own security in light of the frightening incident.
The footballer, 27, hopes to return to Qatar for England's quarter final match against France on Saturday — but will only do so if he feels his family are safe in their Surrey home.
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are those of the writers and do not reflect those of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for their accuracy of content. Please report any inappropriate content to us, and we will evaluate it as a matter of priority.|